The java-17-openjdk packages provide the OpenJDK 17 Java Runtime Environment and the OpenJDK 17 Java Software Development Kit.
- OpenJDK: improper connection handling during TLS handshake (8294474) (CVE-2023-21930)
- OpenJDK: Swing HTML parsing issue (8296832) (CVE-2023-21939)
- OpenJDK: incorrect enqueue of references in garbage collector (8298191) (CVE-2023-21954)
- OpenJDK: certificate validation issue in TLS session negotiation (8298310) (CVE-2023-21967)
- OpenJDK: missing string checks for NULL characters (8296622) (CVE-2023-21937)
- OpenJDK: incorrect handling of NULL characters in ProcessBuilder (8295304) (CVE-2023-21938)
- OpenJDK: missing check for slash characters in URI-to-path conversion (8298667) (CVE-2023-21968)
For more details about the security issue(s), including the impact, a CVSS score, acknowledgments, and other related information, refer to the CVE page(s) listed in the References section.
- In FIPS mode, the list of cryptographic services and algorithms available is limited to those that are FIPS compliant. It was found that this filtering was too strict and was also excluding service attributes. These attributes are now made available in FIPS mode, as they are in non-FIPS mode. (RHBZ#2186804)
- Previously, the XML signature provider was unable to operate in FIPS mode. Following recent enhancements to FIPS mode support, the XML signature provider can now be supported. It is now enabled in FIPS mode. (RHBZ#2186811)
- The PKCS#11 provider used by FIPS mode can be supported by different PKCS#11 tokens. It was found that some PKCS#11 tokens may not be initialised fully before use, leading to an exception being thrown by the provider. With this release, this exception is now expected and handled by the FIPS support code. (RHBZ#2186807)